Monday, August 3, 2009

This is me

Well it hasn't been a long time since my last post, but this one is to introduce myself; who I am and what I do.

I am a member of the Australian Kayak Fishing Forum (ausbass), Kayak Fishing Downunder (aus_bass), Northcoast Fishing NSW (aus_bass) and Sweetwater Fishing Australia (aus_bass).

On weekends, I play competitive field hockey for the Alstonville Hockey Club, I am also a
participating member of the Lennox Head-Alstonville Surf Life Saving Club.

In the summer months I fish for Australian Bass mostly (hence the user names) and now I have become increasingly keen to catch a mackeral or tuna offshore in my kayak, so when the swell is down and the East Australian Current is running close to shore, you can almost guarantee I'll be out there.



But seasons change, its a fact of life and so in the cooler months of Winter, estuarine species such as flathead, bream, blackfish and whiting come into my targeted species list.

I fish from a 2008 model Hobie Revolution in Moss, its pretty stock standard at the moment but I am hoping to acquire a sounder and a few other 'neccesary' accesories sometime in the coming year.

I also have a wooden canoe, that my father and I built under our house as a project over the Summer, this is how I came to be involved in kayak/canoe/small craft fishing. Its a trusty hull, travelled hundreds of km's of stream, river and lake; from it we have caught flathead, bream, whiting, stingrays and of course the obligatory bass.


Paddling is one of my favoured pastimes, not only in the Revo or canoe but our families aquisition of two chick magnet yellow (CMY) Challenge Breeze seakayaks. these are roto-moulded polyethelyne hulls made locally (near Byron Bay) which primarlily my parents paddle, but I often paddle them as well. Usually we (Dad and I) can be found surfing the break under Missingham Bridge, Ballina when the swell comes throught the bar and breaks on the submerged sand banks.

Besides all the outdoor stuff I enjoy digital photography, only because film is pretty expensive on the long run. Im sure others would agree that photography allows people to capture some of the scenes and things that they see, some of which others will probably never see or not see often. I hope to provide this in my work, which is based on landscapes and sometimes macro.

That pretty much sums me up, without getting into the personal stuff ;)

Till next time>>

No comments:

Post a Comment