Sunday, May 9, 2010

New PB bass

Hey guys,
Well after handing in an assignment for uni on friday that kept me up all night finishing it, I thought I had better treat myself to a fish at one of my spots for a bass.

Well when I arrived I found that the water levels were up higher than usual making the water dirtier and colder (this water comes from a dam further upstream) so I didnt like my chances.

First cast and I ended up with a tiny bass about 15cm on the Stiffys Fat One (great lure like the Atomic Hardz Shads I rave about), following it were about 10 other smaller fish. Surprisingly they were all eager to smash the lure, even though water conditions werent ideal.

Moving downstream (I fish about a 100m section at this spot), the action slowed off so I walked upstream again to another hole where I have seen some humoungous bass sitting in there before, so I cast out my little Jazz walker and it gets smashed by something with size.

The fish surprisingly jumped clean out of the water a few times, and when I landed it realised why; it had hooked itself in the eye poor thing.

Unhooking it and asking some random kid who was swimming in the waterfall a bit further upstream, a measure against the rod and I let the fish go back into its hole.

I fished further upstream than normal but no more fish.

When I got home I measured the rod according to where it laid against on the rod and it went 45.6cm, a new PB and closer to the margin 50cm mark!



1 comment:

  1. A good sized bass no matter where you come from. Entertaining posts.

    ReplyDelete